- In Ecuador a ”hostal” isn’t necessarily a ”hostel” as we know it in other countries. Hostal Doña Esther is like a small hotel
- Our hotel is located in the center of Otavalo, close to public transportation, the main park, the Otavalo market, the train station, shops, etc.
- We have 13 rooms in our hotel, all with a private bathroom. The rooms are situated around the inner courtyard.
- Our restaurant that, besides breakfast, prepares international, imaginative recipes with an Ecuadorian touch, as well as wood–oven pizzas.
- Free Wi–Fi.
- Book sale & exchange in our reading room.
- Laundry service.
- We can arrange a taxi for tours in the area; to your last or next destination; to or from the airport. Remember that in 2012 the new airport opened which is as close to Otavalo as to the center of Quito.
- We can inform you about any kind of tourist information, including the new train ride from Otavalo to Salinas.
- We also can arrange horses & a guide for those who want to discover the province from horseback.
Tips for visiting Ecuador
- Take small cash, bills of $100,00 and even $50,00 are generally hard to change in Otavalo.
- Keep in mind that Otavalo is situated on 2500 meters above sea level, so the days may be warm, the nights are always cold and electric heating is not common around here. We do have an extra blanket for you.
- Some people have learned to speak a bit of English, but most people speak only Spanish and/or Quichua.
Price per room per night
Breakfast included with all rooms
$44.79 - Individual room
$63.11 - Double room
$77.36 - Triple room
$90.58 - Apartment - Cuadruple room
* Prices include taxes and breakfast to choose.
* We accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards in the hotel or online payment through PayPal